AMINISTRATIVE AND CONSTITUTIONAL LAW
Public law has been one of BDKD’s core competences since the inception of the firm.
- Its work as legal advisors and in Court comprises mainly the following areas:
- building and planning law including environmental law,
- civil service law,
- conscription law and military law as regards soldiers,
- employee representation law
- municipal and local tax law,
- law governing independent chambers,
- laws governing liability of public authorities,
- administrative law concerning trade and industry including procurement law.
One core area in this context is advisory and litigation services in major projects involving issues of the environment.
BDKD acts not only in the trial instances of the administrative courts (Administrative Courts and Higher Administrative Courts) but has for decades also acted continuously in appeals on issues of law before the Federal Administrative Court and has extensive experience in the rules concerning appeals on issues of law. Constitutional law and constitutional complaints as specific legal remedies available to a citizen against the government have gained more and more significance. Advice and representation in litigation in this field is impossible without profound knowledge of applicable administrative law. BDKD also acts for parties in relevant constitutional complaint proceedings. Our clients in the area of administrative law are often members of the public sector (the Federal Government, State Governments, municipalities as well as other corporate bodies under public law).
Apart from that, BDKD advises companies notably from the medium-sized sector of the economy as well as private persons in all matters of administrative and constitutional law.